+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chattahoochee River Report

Chattahoochee River Report

Been guiding on the lower 'Hooch solid for the last 6 weeks. Fishing has been off the chain!!!! Business has been great and I am very thankful!!!!!

Water temps have been hovering in the mid 60's for the last 10 days (depending on water release). Air temps- do I really need to post that it has been freakin' hot in the ATL???? Wind???? I wish the wind would blow!!!!! Been fishing from 7am-12pm or 4pm-9pm. Mid-day is a NO GO.

The bonus to the heat is that the fish are easier to find. Any where there is freshly oxygenated water, you will find fish. Especially near a back eddy.

Caught fish on flies (clousers, toads, mangled articulators), plugs (yo-zuri crystal minnows, red fins, long-a) swim baits (anything that looks like a shad) and of course cut bait.

Any questions, feel free to contact me
    Attached Images

Let me know when you don't have a trip on a Sunday(if you fish that day) and I'll bring a tank full of gizzards. Got a place for a 30 gallon tank in that boat? Is that a drift boat or a jet or both? Just an offer.
    Nice fish!

looking good, what's the biggest you've caught this year?

Quote Originally Posted by gsxraddict View Post
    looking good, what's the biggest you've caught this year?
    The biggest in the boat was in the mid-twenties. Had a couple break off that were "probably" pushing thirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S. View Post
    Let me know when you don't have a trip on a Sunday(if you fish that day) and I'll bring a tank full of gizzards. Got a place for a 30 gallon tank in that boat? Is that a drift boat or a jet or both? Just an offer.
    Nice fish!
    Thanks, that's a very nice offer. I don't use a bait tank because I have never had a need for live bait in the river. Finding the fish is the tough part. Once you find them, they eat anything that is properly presented to them. After all, Stripers are just eating machines with fins.I pre-rig dead baits and switch them out as needed. The extra weight in the boat from a tank is just a burden to me.

I used to run a drift boat and a jet. Now I just use the jet boat. Its simpler, faster and tougher.

+ Reply to Thread