+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 38 lb Lanier striper

38 lb Lanier striper

Fished the North end of Lanier for about 6 hours. Only got one bite but it was a good one. When I got to thespot I wanted to fish I dropped a 7" or 8" blueback out on a bobber. Nothing! So I put out a mongo gizzard in the same hole and as soon as it hit the water it started swimming for it's life---but it didn't make it. A 38 lb Lanier striper swallowed the whole thing. My Lanier personal best. Some guys fishing near by took a picture for me and when they turned around they asked "Did you turn that fish loose?" Of course I had.

Water temp 59
    Depth 10 feet
    wind 0 -15 SE
    1:00 PM

Wow

That is a real fish, congrats on the catch! Just out of curiousity, how big was your mongo gizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by gsxraddict View Post
    Wow

That is a real fish, congrats on the catch! Just out of curiousity, how big was your mongo gizzard?
    It was about 13"

Jerry congrats on the new PB , you put your time in on that one. nice fish man.

Thanks, Eric. That fish was my Lanier PB. I have some better in TN. Let me know when its time to go you know where.

will do , and i have one special place to take that boat of your this summer.

Nice fish. One bite is ok if you catch one like that.

+ Reply to Thread